Monday, January 09, 2006

The Happy Sideshow


As I have mentioned briefly before, I had never seen or photographed The Space Cowboy or Any of The Happy Sideshow until about 7 years ago.
When I got the shots I did of The Space Cowboy I just had to pass them on, and he wanted to give me something for them, but it's not why I really do this.
Through my contact with all the street performers I became a sought after photographer the year they, Shep, Captain Frodo, Tiger Lil and The Space Cowboy brought their Show to the Fringe and not just the street. They asked if I'd do some promo shots for them.
They were performing at Dynamic Earth. On the opening night I headed down to see them and get some photos.


But it seemed that Dynamic Earth had no idea of what they were letting themselves in for and almost wanted to cancel the show. But with tickets and posters printed and sold a compromise was agreed and the underground car park became their theatre.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home