Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Having a Break
















During my time on the High Street in August there is so much happening taking a break is almost impossible.

But I have managed to do so a couple of times in the last five years.

My breaks from the Fringe are still Fringe related.

I have a passion for portrait photography and a few years ago I met on the High street three girls who had spent most of the Fringe enjoying all that was on show. I told them about my Exhibition and managed to spend an hour just off the high street doing a few quick portraits.

Then in 2004 my friends from Firefly Productions had arrived with a new show and a few cast members I'd not met before. They are a hard working cast and crew and have little time off during their run at the Fringe. On one morning off I managed to convince three of the girls to come out, spend a morning seeing the sights of Edinburgh and have a few photographs taken.



In a couple of hours I managed to get a reasonable number of photographs done of each of them. Even as something done in my time off these photos would still be part of my Exhibition.
It was still August. It was still Edinburgh and all part of the Fringe experience.


During my time on the High street I've made friends with a lot of people and one of them thankfully is Nikki. After August 2004 I had decided to try my hand at studio portrait work. Not something I have to admit to being very good at or having had any experience of. So Nikki became my first studio model. And in our short time together has produced some of my finest photographic results.



This year I was a little busy and time off was a little hard to come by. But I did meet one or two people who I knew I wanted to photograph. The first was Caitlin and the second was Julija from La Clique.

Caitlin and Julija I managed to get one or two shots of during the Festival this year.
Julija I had hoped I'd have a little more time to photograph. But with her busy schedule it just didn't happen.
Caitlin I did manage to get to photograph after the Festival with some fantastic results, can't wait for the chance to work with her again.

Next year I'll just have to see how things go. Maybe I'll get some time off during the Festival. Maybe have found someome else to photograph in my time off, but even they will become part of the Biggest Exhibition in the World.

0 Comments:

<< Home